Thứ Năm, 19 tháng 6, 2014

How to go #FAST at the Cooler Lumpur

I visited Kuala Lumpur 3 times, but this time is a special occasion. The British Council Vietnam invited me to attend a Literature and Arts Festival - the Cooler Lumpur (such a witty word-playing! I like it). The main theme is #FAST. There will has many panels, and my panel bear the topic of [PANEL] Rock, Paper, Scissors: Cultural Censorship and the Death of Ideas. It will be at Sunday 22nd June 4.30pm - 5.30pm, Black Box, MAP.  The general questions as following:

What happens in societies in which censorship is a norm? Is creativity stifled or does it still find a way to thrive? What happens to new ideas, to controversial ideas, to dangerous ideas, to necessary ideas, if they aren’t ever allowed to surface - be it in literature, art, music, or film? This panel will address those issues of censorship that go beyond the usual stories of government heavy-handedness and instead discuss how the years of conditioning has affected our cultural landscape.



Really difficult questions. However, I hope I will have a good communication with other panellist, Malaysian-Irish born author Marc de Faoite and Malaysian film director Dain Said as well as our moderator, Mr. Kateljin Verstraete. They seem having so many thoughtful ideas about the topic of panel as they send us via emails.

I also bring some copies of my translated book from "Xe máy tiếu ngạo", it bears an English name - "The Wandering Motorbike". Thanks Jacob Gold for translating and writing the preface for it.



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét